Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 30, 2010

feel the ... aggravation?

So after having such an awesome time at the Filter show last night, Sean and I get back to his house, say our good-byes, and I head to the car for home. I put the key in, turn the ignition, and? ... nothing -- not even a click -- not even lights. GAH!

Here it is nearly 2 AM and Sean has gone inside, my cell phone is at home on the nightstand (I don't carry it), and nearly all the lights are out inside his house. There is no way I am going to go knock on the door and risk awakening his parents.

Dad and I had bought a new battery for the Mustang earlier that day and he suggested I take it over to Sean's since it had been sitting for a while prior to buying the battery.  I have no idea what drained the battery. I popped the hood, checked the cables, and then cursed because they were tight and I knew there was litttle I could do now.

While I am trying to figure out what I am going to do, I hear Sean come out. He didn't hear the 'stang fire up (it is a bit loud with that exhaust), and came out to check on me. Bless  his heart!   ; )

He heads back in, gets cables and a flashlight and pulls his truck up next to the car. Then his father come out. Now I feel even worse. Luckily Sean assures me that his dad was indeed up and watching some hockey. I still feel bad, but at least I didn't awaken him.

Sean's dad informs me that he thought he saw a light on near the dash of the car but thought it may had been a security system light or something and didn't mess with it. Well at least I know where to start chasing this electrical gremlin. After about 10 minutes on the battery cables, it fires up and I head home.

I walk in the door to find that not only is Dad still awake (it's now almost 3 AM) but drunk. He's not buzzed, but really ... fuggin ... DRUNK! Yippee!

Isaac tries to sneak off, but I corraled him and told him that he needs to finish the "job" in reference to getting Dad to bed. Not the best choice of words, but once they left my tongue, it was too late. However, I don't think it would've mattered what I said, he seemed to be looking for a fight, anyway.  I have told that boy before that 'if you let him get *that* bad off, then you will be responsible for getting Dad to bed', plain and simple!

Well, Dad heard the word "job" and he starts picking at me and I refuse to argue with him. After all, I just had a wonderful evening and am not going to let him ruin it.

He keeps picking at me, so I retire to my room. I can hear him yelling and carrying on. Still, I am exercising every bit of restraint and ignoring him and tyring not to react.

However, he keeps pushing and pushing and then I hear him utter to Isaac "I wish the little bastard was in here, I would knock his block off". Well that is it!

Being a stupid male, I couldn't let that go. I go over there and put my face right up within easy reach of him and scream at him to 'go for it'. I had no intent to duck him or return fire. I was just hoping it would allow him the satisfaction to finally shut the fuck up. He never did swing and asked for a baseball bat instead. I left his stupid, drunk ass and headed back to my room.

I hear Isaac telling Dad that everyone needs to just "calm down" -- Isaac.  Heh, never figured that boy would be *the* "voice of reason" in this house. There may be hope for him after all.

Dad continued on yelling and ranting, and finally wore himself out and to the joy of everyone, passed out. It was  a great night until we left Knoxville. It doesn't happen often, so I suppose I shouldn't complain, but wish it would've happened on another night so it didn't put a damper on an otherwise awesome evening.

3 comments:

Missy said...

yes dear, our boy is learning, slowly perhaps but you see him progressing. at that age you and the male population in general are ignoring voices of reason instead of being one! i am sorry i had to work instead of being at the house to help isaac learn the word NO. yes i am not great at that word either, but i could have helped in this case. horribly, i am glad that i was at walmart for most of the drama. Probably the first time i've ever been glad to be there.

OneFaller said...

you were doing fine until: "Being a stupid male, I couldn't let that go."

if you show someone where your goat is, don't be surprised if they try to get it.

edsrockin said...

well sir, you are correct. i am not going to deny that. however, "stupid" *was* the key word here. ;j

besides, as juvenile as it is, i believe i would do it again. i just don't back down like a mature person would. again -- stupid! but don't appreciate my "manhood" (or whatever it is) being called otu or challenged like that.

dad was looking for a fight and he would've kept on picking until i gave in. after that, he carried on like a jackass for another 10 minutes, and he finally shut up. (he had been going on and on for about at least a half hour prior to that)

yes it was stupid, but at least it shut him up. he got a reaction and was happy to have provoked me and finally settled down.