Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tellico bound

My SME started Thursday night when Skip Smith and Ben Russo stopped by to visit en route to Tellico. We drank a few beers and spent some time hanging out. Skip left me about a dozen or so craft beers -- most of them I have never had before. Very cool, thanks buddy!

Since Skip was trailering, he agreed to haul my camp gear down for me. That meant I just had to get on the bike in the morning and go. Sweet!

On Friday, I left around 11, I think.  I had to stop in Knoxville to get some brews. After picking out a couple, I headed down US 129 planning to cut across the Cherahola Skyway to get me to Tellico.

I was scooting along pretty quick down US 129 and one of the folks I passed, I recognized as I passed him. It was Erik and Jakob Kauppi with Don Scoda in tow. However, I came upon a Harley parade (8 or 9 of them) and was unable to get past, so I just pulled into the overlook and waited.

Shortly thereafter, Erik, Jakob, and Doug pull in. We chat for a bit and then decide it's time to motor on.

On the Dragon, I see a guy whose bike is over in the ditch. He had an old vintage Honda. Oddly, the last time on this road, I helped someone else pull their bike out of that very same ditch.

He was fine and there was nothing more I could do, so I mounted up and took off. I got to the Skyway and Mother Nature was showing off a full array of fall colors. It was so pretty up there. I was having a hard time focusing on the road.

I stopped at Tellico Beach for a burger and onion rings, that way I wouldn't have to go back out later. I set up the tent that KB gave me (thanks again Katherine) and was done for the night. Lies were told, beers were drunk, and good times were had.




3 comments:

Missy said...

At least we can be thankful it wasn't you or friends in the ditch. Glad they weren't hurt. i miss the bonfire lying sessions with you and the crew. Is the tent big enough for 2?!

edsrockin said...

yeah always a good time. oddly, didn't make it much to the fire this event. dunno why.

w.r.t. the tent ... not comfortably. the coleman is i just need new poles (hint, hint) ;j

Missy said...

umm, you have the pole, gosh you should know th...OH... wrong blog for that sort of thing...