Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 28, 2012

take a hike, eh?

It's been just about a year since Sean and I last got together and went for a hike. We haven't seen one another for a while and he sent me an email suggesting we do so. I am game!

Now, for the record, Sean is not the most decisive person, so for him to come up with this was good, but he also had a place and day suggested. I felt like typing "Who are you and what have you done with Sean?" Anyway, the details were sorted and we just had to wait until the time came to go.

Then the day before we were to go, he emails me that he thinks a different place would be better this time of year. I told him I didn't care where we went; to me, it was more about the company. It's all good! I just have to be home by 5 PM. He was fine with that, so it's a go!

We didn't have to go too far before the fall colors were presented in all their glory ....




I DO love this time of year! Pleasant weather and plenty of beautiful scenery!

This hike was only 2 miles each way and it was a fairly moderate level, too. Out of shape as I am, and with Sean nursing a bad back to health, it was the perfect call.



  
As we walked down the path, we would hear the crunch of leaves beneath our feet and the sound of the water as it coarsed over the rocks and boulders that made the bed the creek flowed through. Other than that, there wasn't much other noise. It was quite nice!

We made it to the falls and hung out for a bit taking pictures and taking in the scene. 

For whatever reason, I always feel the need to cross the water to get to the falls. I don't know why, but I just long to do this. 


photo taken by Sean Kelley


photo taken by Sean Kelley


photo taken by Sean Kelley





photo taken by Sean Kelley










 If you look really hard, I am at the top of the falls. Due to the time of day and the angle of the sun, it is a bit overexposed. There was little that could be done about that, though.


After getting my workout (scaling the hill up that falls, is tougher than it looks), I crossed the "creek" once more. After a few more minutes of taking in the scenery, we headed back. We goofed around and took some more pictures on the way back.


Between a rock and a hard place?
photo taken by Sean Kelley
Hey Sean feel like the weight of the world is on ya?


Photo taken by Sean Kelley's camera     ;j )


What a great day! Cloudless, baby blue sky, with temperatures in the mid 70s amidst some of the best that Mother Nature gives us, and all the while in the company of a very good friend. Hard to take!




1 comment:

Missy said...

i completely love the pictures, overexposed and all!! gems! and for the record, i am green with envy, the pics and the write up really made me sad i couldn't have tagged along.