Total Pageviews

Monday, April 23, 2012

Maggot encounters ...

On Monday fellow maggot, Cory from nearby Gatlinburg got in touch with me about my Sabre I am selling. He came over, looked at it, and said we had a deal. I told him I could bring it to him as he had no trailer and Skip was due to arrive later that night with ... a trailer.

Skip showed up around midnight, beers were drank and 3-something came up fast. We retired for the night and got up in the morning with the goal of delivering my big Sabre to its new owner over in Gatlinburg. Things went fairly smoothly as we unloaded both the KLR and the KLX and got the heavy Sabre loaded and strapped down.

The GPS wanted us to take 321 there and I knew of this decent little restaurant that is good for lunch. Skip was agreeable to that so we were able to sip some damn good apple cider.

I don't have a GPS and don't really want one. However, I will admit that I was glad Skip had his as the way we came in was not  911 friendly as half the roads weren't marked. MamaMagellan kept us turning where we needed to since there was no street sign on a couple of those. So I will give the GPS credit there.  

We found Cory and exchanged cash and title and hung out for a little bit. Then Skip and I were going to head to Knoxville to pick up some beer for later -- there isn't much a selection in the mighty 'burg  of Newport.

Then I remembered there's a brewery in Gatlinburg, so we stopped there for a couple. Skip ordered their porter and after giving me a sip, I wished I had ordered one as well. It was pretty good. We headed back to the house and more eating and drinking and conversation ensued.

Wednesday was spent just kind of milling around the house. Skip fiddled with the bandsaw and got my new blade on (I just hadn't got to it yet) and fiddled with the adjuster and that seemed to help a bunch. Meanwhile, I busied myself with getting the oil changed on the KLR.

It only took 2 1/2 quarts to fill so I had enough left over to change Skip's . He was still adjusting the bandsaw wheel, so while I was down there and dirty, we changed his too. Then we lubed the chains and were going to adjust them, but they were close enough that we didn't have to. Then we put them to bed with the intent of stretching their legs tomorrow.

Followed up the night with more good beer and I brewed a batch while he was here. He can have some of those upon his return.

2 comments:

OneFaller said...

looking forward to one of those beers, too! :~)

1dreamr said...

Sounds like a great time!