Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I was sitting next to the firepit yesterday morning and just listenin’ to the creek runnin’ because of the rains from last night all the while listenin’ to the dogs in the neighborhood barkin’ ‘bout this and that and the birds singin’ and all the cacophony that is associated with settin’ out in the woods. While it’s not in the woods, it can be peaceful.

The sky was a beautiful blue and there were a few thin wispy white clouds. It was pastoral!

Then I saw the shadow of a bird fly over head and it happened to be a hawk. It’s wingspan was about 3’, maybe 4’. That was neat in itself, but then he circled around just above a clearing in the trees soaring in the currents with a light tip of his primary feathers to adjust direction.

It was looking for food I am sure, but it was really cool to watch him circle around above where I was. It circled probably a half dozen times.

Dammitall! Wouldn’t you know I didn’t have the camera with me? I knew if I went inside to get it the hawk would be gone and I would have just missed seeing the last of it's circling the area.

Bummer too, because with the textured backdrop of thin white wispy clouds on that blue sky, there could have been some cool shots.

No comments: