Total Pageviews

Friday, September 20, 2013

Language transcending barriers

So I pulled some weeds (and saplings) around the edge of the fence the other day. They have grown out of hand, and INTO the fence – some more than others. I pulled a LOT of ragweed, and had to un-entwine a bunch of vines from the fence, as well as, a pine tree sapling.

My typical wont is to just throw this “trash” in the fire pit and it will be burned the next time I hold a bonfire. Starting out with “green” material tends to make getting the fire going a challenge! Ah well! part of the challenge, I guess!

Shiner, my little white dog (a Pit that hardly deals well with separation from her human), is always nearby. She was positioned 180* to the road,  facing the garage and driveway (in her defense, the usual direction of action).

I casually, and jokingly, ask her “what happens if trouble comes from the other direction?” 

I swear, she immediately got up and turned herself 90* to be able to see in the direction I suggested as well as the direction she was already “guarding”. WOW! if this dog (umm … companion) doesn’t understand English! It was funny!

At some point, I had a revelation. I had the words from “Stairway to Heaven” pop into my head. Ugh! I *want* to hear this now. I KNOW *I* don’t have it. For shits and giggles I peruse Dad’s CD library and, lo and behold, he has Led Zeppelin IV ---- sweeeeet!!

I strung the speakers out on the back porch and was able to satisfy the longing to hear it. This was the first time I have been able to enjoy a fire with some music. It *won’t* be the last. Good times!


No comments: