Total Pageviews

Monday, February 21, 2011

hop to it

Well since I got some hop rhizomes (roots) the other day, I now have to find a place to plant them. I spent a couple hours out on the tractor today clearing off the top layer of ground and prepping just such an area.

I cleared out approximately a 10' X 30' area. That should give me plenty of room to grow a nice variety of hop plants. If I wind up needing more there certainly is space to grow.



    















Sadly, I  didn't have much daylight left by the time we got home this afternoon, so I did not get the rhizomes in the ground before it got dark on me. That's a real bummer, too, as it is supposed to rain overnight. That would've been awesome to have them in the ground and get a bath in their fresh new hummus/fertilizer bed. After tonight, there is no rain in the forecast for as far ahead as they predict. Oh well!

No comments: