Total Pageviews

Friday, December 20, 2013

"We've got to talk"

In my mind, that is the most dreaded sequence of words in the English language. It's not "Let's chat" which implies time just hanging out and talking about ... nothing. I've watched Seinfeld, I can do "nothing"!

We GOT to talk! UGH! that sounds serious and sometimes is.

It is something the one bringing up the conversation has struggled with to find the time and had the opportunity to rehearse it prior to bringing it up. The one hearing it dreads it just as much because of its foreboding nature.

We GOT to talk! not I want to ... this is one of those deals I can ignore no longer. UGH!

This is even more horrific for me. I am not good off-the-cuff -- never had the wit (nor even temperment) to deal with these types of situations. I need time to digest information, process it, then come up with an answer. In the middle of these conversations one rarely gets that luxury.

I SUCK at these! I say stupid(-er than normal?) stuff!

Oddly I had gone into the bedroom to see what Melissa was doing. She was getting undressed ... ooh! good timing! then those words came out of her mouth. (I almost ran away .... KIDDING!)

I went in to see what she was doing and maybe engage in a game until I saw her undressing then other thoughts hit me. Well no game happened -- nor the other. We talked (because we HAD to). It didn't end on a good note -- not irreparable, by any means, but far from what the initial plan was. Much of that is likely on me, but it's another lost opportunity.

She and I will talk more later and smooth things over, but I still HATE to hear that sentence! I want to go back to the days where we just talk, not that we HAVE to! I want a reset button!

No comments: