Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 18, 2012

consumed ...

that's what I am! I am about to head out on a road trip on the bike later this week.

This will be my first road trip in a few years. I sooo miss road trippin' on the bike! It's been waaayyy too long!

I am headed up to the D.C. area to visit with a very good friend for a few days. We have some work to do, but after that ... it's play time!!

On Saturday, we will head up towards Philadelphia where another friend of mine is storing a bike for me. The idea is to load it onto the trailer, hang out for a bit, then head to Philly. Or do Philly first then grab the bike. Either way, that's Saturday's to-do list.

Sunday, I will head on home on the new bike mostly on secondary roads and probably a good stretch of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Of course, if the weather sucks, I guess I will just slab it home. I will leave the KLR up there and Skip will bring it down when he comes down for the Tellico event next month.

So this is *all* I'm thinking about. I am finally going to get to log some significant miles. I get to hang out with good friends. AAAANNNDDD .. I am picking up a bike that I have wanted since it hit the showroom floor. Does it get much better?

I am not a bike slut -- well in a way, yeah, but I mean I have never really lusted after a new bike. Ever since this one was announced I have yearned to own it ... and now I do.

So all I am thinking about is this upcoming trip. I am consumed. Is it Thursday morning yet?

No comments: