Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Good times with old friends

I had such a great time yesterday. A good friend of mine was back in town for the weekend and made the point to come visit. He and I used to ride together and I have spent many a night around the bonfire with him drinking a few brews. Good times, good times!

Anyway, he was up for another friend's wedding and he, his lovely girlfriend, and their adorably cute six week old daughter dropped in for a few hours. It was a great visit -- so nice to catch up.

Then, when they were getting ready to go, he told me they were meeting up with some other folks over in Knoxville, one of whom I haven't seen in a few years. I told Brian to give him my best, and then he suggested that I tag along.

I asked Melissa if she would mind setting with Dad and she said go ahead. Sweet!

I was just cruising along following behind him and he whizzes across three lanes of traffic to hit an exit in less than a few hundred feet. I had a car in the lane to my right that was too close for me to attempt that. However, upon putting the blinkers on, the guy backed off and allowed me to make the lane change(s).

It was tight to make the exit, though, by the time this had happened. Wheeee!

We were the first ones there and spent more time hanging out. I hadn't been to Barley's since Brian had lived up here. In that time, their three page beer menu has been noticeably downsized to but a page and not as craft-dominant. Bummer! but we weren't there for the beer.

Soon John and his wife showed up (I had never met her before) and we did more catching up. Then Mike, his wife, and two kids made it just *after* we gave up on them and ordered. Heh, maybe we should have gave up earlier?   ;)

I had never met them and they were also good company and their kids were very well-behaved. It's such a rare treat these days to see kids with good moral fiber.

The dinner meetup was over far too quickly, but it was great while it lasted. So cool to see old friends again.

No comments: